De Dépendance is Rotterdam’s Platform for city culture and public debate. We organise public talks on the key urban issues of our time with well-known (and lesser-known) international speakers. We lead a nomadic existence and program our events in theatres, nightclubs, swimming pools and vacant office buildings. The city is our subject and playground.
As marketing and communications officer you are responsible for all marketing and communication activities towards visitors and partners, online and offline. You will develop a long-term marketing and communication plan and will think up and execute original, innovative and creative communication models and public campaigns. You will organise De Dépendance’s communication activities, divide tasks and responsibilities and monitor the progress of all ongoing actions and campaigns. The position will be filled on 15 November 2021, and if possible earlier.
- Develop a multi-year marketing and communications plan for De Dépendance.
- Manage and implement the marketing and communications plan under supervision of the director.
- Write texts for press releases, newsletters, website etc.
- Media and press approach.
- Co-develop and manage our (forthcoming) new website.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy.
- Setting up and supervising printed matter.
- Co-development of plans around audience participation.
- Communication and PR budget management.
- In the run-up to and during our public talks and podcasts: keeping the website and social media up to date and communicating with the press.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in and affinity with publicity for cultural events.
- Good organisational, communicative and writing skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, orally and in writing. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an advantage, but not necessary.
- Flexible work attitude.Living in Rotterdam and preferably familiar with the programs of De Dépendance.
- Affinity with urban issues and public debate.
What do we offer?
A challenging part-time job for 4-8 hour a week with room for own initiative within a creative and dynamic organisation. The job is initially for a year with the intention of continuing for a longer period, based on a ZZP-assignment according to the Fair Pay Code.
Send a short motivation (in English) and C.V. before Friday October 22 to Thijs Barendse, director of De Dépendance via [email protected]. Questions? Mail Thijs.
Interviews take place in the last week of October. Also check out our website www.dedependance.eu