CIC Rotterdam officially opened its doors in the spring of 2016 and manages approximately 8.000 m2. in the historic and iconic Groot Handelsgebouw in Rotterdam’s Central Business District. Downtown Rotterdam is just a 25 minute high-speed train ride from one of the world’s largest airports, Schiphol, and is a 40 minute train ride from Amsterdam.
“Rotterdam is a rapidly growing startup hub so we’re in a city that is at the forefront of innovation cities across Europe. The CIC environment gives us a platform to perfect best practices in supporting startups. We’re constantly moving and on our feet, and we get to work to optimize systems and solve problems every day. It’s like you’re going through a business university because you’re getting a front-row seat to it all.” – Melissa Ablett, General Manager CIC Rotterdam
Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in five additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, Providence, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to–and improving–the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings here and learn more about us here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This position will be the first face and first impression for CIC’s many clients, guests, and vendors. It is important to be engaging, inviting, and helpful. Overall, we like to employ service-minded people who are reliable, clever, and able to work independently. More specifically, we are looking for someone who possesses the following characteristics:
• Personable, naturally enjoy helping others, and calm in a hectic environment
• Detail oriented and organized with solid time management skills
• Self-motivated and proactive in taking ownership and responsibility for tasks and leading them to completion
• Is a true team player with the capacity to foster and maintain positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, building management and vendors
• Works comfortably with everyone treating everyone as an equal
• Brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to everything
• Able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the quality of the front desk experience while demonstrating a spontaneous desire to assist others and provide excellent service
• Welcome guests and provide them with a comfortable and efficient transition to their host
• Interact with guests and clients, both in person and on the phone, in a courteous manner by displaying a pleasant and gracious personality even under stressful situations
• Be a face of CIC and provide an exceptional first experience for new clients (assist with key distribution, take photo of new employees, answer questions, etc)
• Work with other members of the team to ensure smoother operations of the center
• Respond to near constant client requests and questions of every variety. For example, a client may ask “Can I get some extra furniture and have some help rearranging my office?” or “How do I send a package to Uganda?”
• Assist in processing mail and packages for clients, help oversee the condition and organization of the CIC mailroom
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
• Contributing to a growing site by honing existing practices and processes, collaborating with a team founded on strong communication and work ethic
• Access to amenities like a nap room, massage room, game room, and more
• Access to Venture Cafe Rotterdam, a weekly Thursday gathering involving high-impact programming designed to engage the broader entrepreneurial community
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational or work experience
• A natural interest in helping/supporting others
• Ability to work 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with occasionally longer hours
• A valid EU passport and citizenship in the Netherlands is strongly preferred.
• Fluent in Dutch and English
Starting compensation is €2.203 gross monthly including a holiday allowance. Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance. Please submit a resume and cover letter composed in English when applying.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.